Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magdamahoney

Color ideas for a house with red brick accents or covering brick?

Maggie
15 days ago

Hello! I'm finally replacing the old wooden siding with stucco on this house. Right now the plan is to cover only the wooden walls but leave all the red brick in place, replace the front door, and add 2 cedar pillars by the entrance. I'm struggling with the color ideas, right now I'm thinking soft white or sage green but I don't know about trim.... I'm concerned the white will look a little pink from the red rock landscaping. I'm also wondering if I should cover the brick with stucco or leave it. Please help :)

Comments (4)

• kandrewspa
    15 days ago

Is the siding currently only on the front of the house? What made you decide to go with stucco instead of more siding?

• Maggie
    Original Author
    15 days ago

The pictures above show the front of the house after we removed the old siding. It looks like that on all the sides. We are going with the stucco because we got a great quote and the installers will add additional insulation, and also because it's fireproof and has no maintenance.

Here is a picture of the house before the installation of the new windows and with the old siding:

• chloe00s
    14 days ago

Glad to hear you are getting rid of those strange brick “sides” by the front floor and replacing with cedar posts! If you are updating, would you also consider a different front door? The oval glass door looks very dated to me. I’m from the Northeast, so no red rock landscapes around here…. Assume you are in area where red rock is more common. I would drive around and see what other people have for house paint color to get an idea of what works and doesn’t work with red rock.

• tracefloyd
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Depends.

A full-length lattice over the door and windows. Are you keeping the remainder of the brick around the door itself?

Here are renders in Sage and in Charcoal Gray. You need to squint with my draw software lol.

These are not paint samples..just for concepts. The red represents some salvaged brick from the demo of the curved brick element.. The door is black with wood trim and some original brick for door trim.

Or beef up your awning AND add the lattice:

White house and stained brick

Removed brick from around door: