Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carly_mcgrinn

BM Dune White/White Dove

Carly M.
20 days ago

Has anyone paired these two? Is there enough contrast for Dune walls and White Dove trim and doors?

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    19 days ago

They're very similar.

Close in Chroma (colorfulness). No contrast.

They relate well because they're in the same pocket in the Yellow hue family - so, no contrast there.

In terms of Value, not much difference (contrast) here either.

Dune is just a bit darker.

They might be so close that neither will make the other look dirty or dingy, good thing.

On the other hand, they might be so close you can't tell they're two different colors - could be a good or bad thing.

Could consider just using White Dove. Matt walls. Satin trim/doors kinda thing.

If you want to do both, make sure you sample/test to see how it shakes out in your house.

• Carly M.
    Original Author
    14 days ago

Thanks you for this! I’m still on a search. This color choosing may be the trickiest part of building a home and I am far from an expert.

I went searching for Dune white but leaning a hair cooler (but not darker) and found bm vanilla milkshake. Then tried looking at bm simply white with it. Definitely more of a contrast for walls and trim than my previously suggested pairing.

The kitchen cabinets are both a warm wood tone and a white that the cabinet company says is a close match to sw snowbound in color.

Trying to balance this in a new build with no electricity currently and a NNW facing home.

• Andee
    14 days ago

Look at the LVR values which will give you an idea of contrast. These are very close so not much contrast. And it will also depend on where you put it and the lighting. In bright light you will see a slight contrast. In low light not much.