Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_507945171

keep these bottom left closets next to foyer or change to a den?

C R
13 days ago
last modified: 13 days ago

Comments (13)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    12 days ago

A purely horrible plan. Perhaps explain if build, or remodel.....If apartment or condo,

C R thanked JAN MOYER
  • C R
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Thank you! yours looks great!Its the current fp of a post-war condo in manhattan, since i cant open it due to the long approval process, i have to leave the galllery kitchen open on both side. now the dilima is how to maxima the use of bottom left part. i kind of want to extend the cabinet . i made this one to help thinking clearly

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    12 days ago

If you're constrained to build in the footprint shown, consider using the space designated "Pantry" and "Closet" as a home office (yes, it's compact) and use the "Home Office" as a Dining area. It would relate much better to the Kitchen and Living Room.

C R thanked Charles Ross Homes
  • C R
    Original Author
    12 days ago

i want to use the windowed homeoffice as tiny 2nd bedroom, change the pantry area to compact homeoffice, but struggled that i will lose closets… so i want to have a compact home office WITH as much closets as possible, flexible and practical… also easy to the eyes… i know its asking too much, but in NYC, we have to use every single inch in the apartment😅

• shirlpp
    12 days ago

Do you need a home office? Do you need a den and what would you use the den for?

C R thanked shirlpp
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    12 days ago

So.......add a pocket door, or simply use different cabinetry and make it a home office/pantry. I have no clue how you will get a bed into the bedroom on your plan: ) You will not have room to make a turn with the opposing closets.

At any rate,,,,"Home office" means different things to different people. For some it's a simple writing table sized desk and a phone. For others it is more, including a decent zoom background.

C R thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    12 days ago

I totally understand Manhattan. But you still can not put 200 lbs of poop in a 100lb bag and have it be easy on the eye: )

C R thanked JAN MOYER
  • C R
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Re shirlpp,Yes since i work from home i do need a work area, cost and tome cons i cant make big changes to current layout tok much,Jan are you talking about the tiny room on top? yes it can only fit the smallest murphy so we use folding mattress… thank you for the bedroom closet idea also!

• auntthelma
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

If you need a second bedroom, your idea makes sense. To make up for the lost pantry, you can buy a piece of furniture like a freestanding pantry or a chest of drawers or even a bakers rack that serves as pantry storage.

A second idea, can you convert either the foyer coat closet or the bedroom hallway coat closet to a built in desk that closes off at the end of the work day?

C R thanked auntthelma
  • C R
    Original Author
    12 days ago
    last modified: 12 days ago

Thats an interesting idea!the bedroom hallway closet is a large one but the hallway is narrow, i have to think of the coat closet office idea…

• C R
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Haha, im the only one need home office… currently theres a linen closet at the alcove i want to get rid of

• C R
    Original Author
    12 days ago

Re Jan, which bedroom you refering to? the current one or 2nd?