Remodeled bathroom; mostly DIY work.

Comments (34)

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

Yeah, it was built in 1950! Thanks so much, love how it turned out

• Rose Smith
    last year

Those colors, the tile, the mirrors - WOW, what a fantastic revamp. It looks incredible, like something out of a magazine.

• cpartist
    last year

What a wonderful job.

• btydrvn
    last year

Your changes definitely make it look and feel bigger as well…always a plus in a long narrow room…good job indeed..

• artemis78
    last year

Beautiful! I love the color scheme! Curious to know how much clearance you have between the toilet and the cabinet in front of it…getting ready to tackle a bath with a similar layout and we’re really struggling with that.

• enajasereht
    last year

Looks perfect!

• PRO
    Aquaiaw Plumbing
    last year

It's a perfect transform!

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

The toilet to cabinet clearance is about 20 inches I think

• chicagoans
    last year
    last modified: last year

LOVE the transformation and the colors! I'm planning a soft green backsplash in my kitchen and a sage green front door (paint TBD.) That's fabulous! Would you mind sharing the paint color and mirror source?

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

Paint is Sherwin Williams evergreen fog.

The mirrors were Origin21 walnut 24" arched mirror from Lowe's

• artemis78
    last year

Thank you! Does the toilet clearance feel adequate/comfortable? (That is what ours will be too with the current plan--it's 11" right now so anything is, of course, an improvement, but wondering if it is worth the substantial cost to try to reconfigure the whole space to get to 24", or if 20" is going to feel good enough.)

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

I think 20" felt plenty adequate

• bpath
    last year

I think that question might have to do with code. Since you did DIY, you might not have needed or done an inspection.

Beautiful job, it looks wonderful!

• artemis78
    last year
    last modified: last year

@bpath Often existing conditions are grandfathered in--that is the case for our bathroom, and it looks like it could be for OP's too since the toilet was in the same location in the before photo. For our city, as long as we don't move the toilet it doesn't have to meet current code. (We would love to have the code-required clearance anyway just for usability, but it will add a great deal of cost--currently the plan is to do a wall-hung toilet in the same location, which is allowed even though it will only get us to 20".)

• Valinta
    last year

Fantastic!

• felizlady
    last year

From boring to delightful.

• anna_682
    last year

Great makeover!

• PRO
    FrameMyMirror
    last year

Obsessed with this look! Wonderful job!

• kodiac23
    last year

Love it. especially the shower tile!

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    last year

Quite a transformation!

• kculbers
    last year

Lovely. You did a super job on your tiled floor; penny look tile is hard to install correctly; yours has been done quite well. I love the he green accents too. Bravo!!

• felizlady
    last year

Well done! I would have used brushed-stainless light fixtures rather than brushed gold, but I like all metals to be the same in a small room. If you add a couple of gold-framed/glassed photos, the light fixtures will tie in better. The color you selected is beautiful.

• Kendrah
    last year

Such great vision. So nice to see a really unique looking space instead of the same old cookie cutter. Would love to see some more pics too.

• ladybug74
    last year

Amazing work! Well done.

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

Here's a couple more pics Kendrah. Yeah definitely not your convention cookie cutter design.

• PRO
    Badeloft
    last year

Great makeover!!

• Brian Hill
    last year

Awesome. I particularly like the interplay between your window, mirrors, sconces, and wainscoting. I think going big and tall and generally bold in that area really paid off in terms of making the whole space feel larger and brighter. In fact you can see in your pictures how it is basically doubling the impact of your window. Very smart, and very successful.

• PRO
    PRM Custom Builders
    last year

This is fantastic. May have to borrow this color scheme, looks awesome!!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    last year

Looks great!

• PRO
    Aquaiaw Plumbing
    last year

Have to say, it's so stunning! You DIY the waterproof too?

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

Yeah, my but is a contractor and helped me out on that part.

• Matthew Cunningham
    Original Author
    last year

*my buddy

• PRO
    Aardvark Architecture
    12 months ago

Love that you widened the ceiling over the shower. The whole space feels so much larger now. And oh my, that shade of green is delicious!